Photo by Spencer Platt/Getty Images

D.C. Mayor Warns Residents of Dangerous Batch of K2

September 15, 2018
Categories: 

A warning from D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser on Saturday about a potentially fatal batch of K2 circulating in the District. 

 

The alert comes after another round of hospitalizations related to K2, reports DCist. On Wednesday, first responders moved 20 people to the hospital for symptoms consistent with a K2 overdose, a D.C. Fire and EMS tells the online publication. 

Earlier this summer, three people died and more than 200 people were hospitalized after a particularly potent strain of the drug entered the city. 

As a reminder, K2, or "Spice," is a dangerous synthetic drug that is packaged with incense or potpourri. Smoking or ingesting K2 can lead to an overdose or death. 

If you experience the following symptoms -- vomiting, loss of consciousness and an altered mental state -- please call 911.